Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Heathen's Breastplate

I arise today
Heir to the strength of Asgard;

Light of the sun,
Splendor of fire,
Swiftness of wind,

Depth of the sea,
Stability of earth,
Firmness of rock.

I arise todaywith mine own strength to pilot me;
Thor's might to uphold me,
Frigga's wisdom to guide me,Odin's hand to guard me,
Heimdall's watch to shield me,
Freya's love to bless me.

Afar and anear,
Alone or in a multitude.

The ancestors are with me,
before me,
behind me,
on my right,
on my left.

As sure as
The Earth beneath me,
The Sky above me,
The Holy Powers within me.

I arise today
Rooted in the mighty traditions
of my past.
And I walk Midgard,
Sending forth the blessings
of this day's deeds
to generations yet unborn.

-written by Brainwise
(Prophet or Madman -Blog)

1 comment:

Brainwise said...

I'm glad you like the prayer/poem. Thanks for the link! :)

May the Holy Powers keep you in their good stead.